The 2017 award season has began. To be eligible, you need to have the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant with a physical/mobility disability*
- Be enrolled in a program at an Ontario University that is a member of Universities Canada or one of Ontario’s 24 Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology for the 2017/18 academic year.
- Be a Grade 12 student in the province of Ontario, or a student already enrolled in a post-secondary program and looking to advance to either year 2, 3, 4 on wards.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
Download the application below. The deadline for submission is July 7th, 2017. Good luck students!
*A physical disability is one that affects a person’s mobility or dexterity. A person with a physical disability may need to use some sort of equipment for assistance with mobility. It also includes people who have lost limbs or who, because of the shape of their body, require slight adaptations to be made to enable them to participate fully in society.
Types of Physical Disabilities:
Multiple sclerosis (MS)
Absent limb/reduced limb function
We will also consider people with visual impairment.